Welcome!

Welcome!
This blog was designed for the purpose of helping any students interested in taking the AP Enlish Literature exam or anyone else. This blog contains mainly assignments that were given to me in my english class. They can serve as study tools and as examples of what AP classes do. The material is easy to understand and I can always help with any questions. Contact me through email at tatiana161@live.com or through this blog if you have any questions. Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"In Search of"

From watching the video Filter Bubbles I have come to realize that the internet has become corrupt in many ways. Not only are they only showing us certain information, depending on the person, but now they are also monitoring certain things. This information made me think completely different about the results I see online. Each time a result pops up when I type something in it gets me wondering why did these results pop up instead of any others.  Now that I had this in mind I re-did my Shakespeare research, this time around with a different mind set. I researched by typing in different key words and reading most of the results. I found that little is actually known about him that what little is known of him is from his writings and church documents. His education is not really known because many have different opinions about it. Another question that came up in many of the websites was if he was a real person and if so did he really write those work of arts. After some research I began to wonder why so little is actually known about him. Is it because he lived so long ago and little is actually known from that time? Or is it because something is trying to be hidden about him, maybe people don’t want to admit to him being the writer because he was not from a noble family. All these questions arise and make this research pretty difficult because you do not know if what you are seeing is true. The internet has begun to turn into a very difficult source to confine in since it does filter a lot of information being seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment