Welcome!

Welcome!
This blog was designed for the purpose of helping any students interested in taking the AP Enlish Literature exam or anyone else. This blog contains mainly assignments that were given to me in my english class. They can serve as study tools and as examples of what AP classes do. The material is easy to understand and I can always help with any questions. Contact me through email at tatiana161@live.com or through this blog if you have any questions. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"Notes on Hamlet"

When we first began to read Hamlet I dreaded it since the beginning. At that time I was uneducated on what a talented man the author was and how significant a sentence could be. As we began to read I began to understand what it was saying, the first couple of pages were difficult to understand and I was completely lost. I decided to do some research on how to understand Shakespeare’s language and I found that making it my own language was useful and so I used that method. I now think of this novel as more of a Mexican style novella and that is what makes me be so intrigued.  I thought as Hamlet to be a lost soul after his father’s death and to hallucinate a lot, but as the plot developed I realized that he only acted the way he did because of the pain of loosing his father. I realized that his want for revenge was justified after all his uncle murdered his father. I saw that most characters in the play tended to be two faced, for example his two friends Rosencrantz and Guildenstern befriended him when they agreed to gather information from him and report it to the king. There is a lot of drama in this novel that dose not come off as apparent immediately it take some time to discover. From Act III and on I see revenge taking place. I see hamlet planning his revenge and going through with it. There will be murders, sins, lost of loves and so on seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment