Welcome!

Welcome!
This blog was designed for the purpose of helping any students interested in taking the AP Enlish Literature exam or anyone else. This blog contains mainly assignments that were given to me in my english class. They can serve as study tools and as examples of what AP classes do. The material is easy to understand and I can always help with any questions. Contact me through email at tatiana161@live.com or through this blog if you have any questions. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"To Facebook or not to Facebook"

When I first got my Facebook about a year ago I thought it was the coolest thing ever. All of my friends had one and I thought it would be a good way to keep in touch with them.  I thought it was a big upgrade from the MySpace I use to have, I thought this was a more mature level of social networking. But as time went by I found it to just as immature, I noticed that random people started to request me and that some of my friends started to post really dumb post. I believe that it was a combination of being more involved and being older that made me realize how potentially dangerous Facebook could be. Not only could people besides my friends view my entire profile but complete strangers that I have never seen or met before could as well. This caused great fear in me and it made me change my privacy settings, but I soon realized that was not good enough that many hackers could find ways to view my profile. After I read the article about how 7.5 million children younger than 12 have a Facebook I was in complete shock. Why would children so young need a Facebook? Besides the reason to keep in touch with family, which not many do, there is no good reason. Children’s minds are not fully developed at that age and they could potentially get themselves into some serious danger. Some children tend to be more mature than others at a young age and could handle a social networking sight but the majority is not prepared and I believe that there needs to be some strong regulations for these children. Someone needs to educate them on what is appropriate to post and look at on social networks, and if it is not going to be there parents then someone needs to step up to the plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment