Welcome!

Welcome!
This blog was designed for the purpose of helping any students interested in taking the AP Enlish Literature exam or anyone else. This blog contains mainly assignments that were given to me in my english class. They can serve as study tools and as examples of what AP classes do. The material is easy to understand and I can always help with any questions. Contact me through email at tatiana161@live.com or through this blog if you have any questions. Enjoy!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Roy Christopher

Yesterday my classmates and I had the opportunity to talk to Roy Christopher. He shared with us that he use to be a BMX rider and that his career change occurred because one of his friends was a web developer and it attracted him. Roy told us that it is very difficult for him to balance some of the task that he must perform but that he has found a way to balance it all out. This made me feel better because I too struggle with balancing all I have too do, it gave me comfort. He relates himself and many things with hip hop culture. He says that hip hop is the blueprint for modern culture, I agree with him. He said that in the next 5-10 years he sees himself finishing his PHD and finishing the book he is currently writing along with another one. The one thing that most stuck with me that he mentioned was the fact that older generations do not trust the younger generations with technology and that he disagreed with them. I am glad to see another adult, besides Doctor Preston, agree with that statement. We began to talk about how we teenagers multi task and the majority of us agreed that though we do it very often it does not produce quality work. Toward the end of our conversation he mentioned that technology is going to continue to become more common among society and that our generation will invent the next new thing. Overall I was very pleased by this conversation, it brought up a lot of good points.

No comments:

Post a Comment